66 Macondray Lane
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Kitchen features gas cooking range & oven
- Hardwood floors
- Laundry right outside the unit
- Private Deck
- View of Coit Tower
- Large Additional storage included
- Street parking
- Situated on tree-shaded historic pedestrian lane featured in classic novel Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin. The Barbary Lane as it’s called in Tales of the City is also all set to make a come back on Netflix.
Live your Russian Hill fairy tale... Meander down lush Macondray Lane on Russian Hill and experience quintessential Old World San Francisco. Located on a small wooded pedestrian lane which was featured in Armistead Maupin's novel "Tales of the City" as Barbary Lane, 66 Macondray Lane is a historic 1BD/1BA condo with a private deck and view of Coit Tower.
Hardwood floors and a wood-burning fireplace add to the charm of this home. Kitchen is complete with gas cooking and stainless steel appliances. Deeded additional storage is included and there is access to shared laundry facilities right outside the unit.
This building is located on a private and quiet historic lane, set-back & centered in-between Jones, Taylor, Green and Union Streets. The Lane is a wooded park like residential corridor.
Macondray Lane was the inspiration for Barbary Lane in Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City, begun in 1978 and serialized for TV in 1993. Confirming its special place in San Francisco, Macondray Lane was added to the National Historic Register in 1988. More recently it is all set to make a come back on Netflix and is set in present day.
HOA Fees are $375 per month and covers: water (common space), PG&E (common space), garbage, building insurance, AT&T & Bay Alarm.
Some updated features:
- Fireplace chimney was repaired and replaced in 2016.
- New Garbage Disposal was installed in 2017.
- New dishwasher was installed in 2016
- Bathroom vanity and sink was upgraded and professionally installed (Italian sink, sink cabinet and vanity with Grohe faucet)
- Bathroom Tub was resurfaced in 2018
- New Grohe Kitchen Faucet installed in 2017
66 Macondray Lane has a Walk Score of 95 out of 100. This location is a Walker's Paradise so daily errands do not require a car.
66 Macondray Lane has a Transit score of 93 - it is a Rider's Paradise which means worldclass public transportation. Car sharing services are available in this neighborhood.
- Full inspections completed on Tuesday 5/7/19, pest and contractors on building as well as unit and available in disclosure package
- Escrow opened with Nate Scharton at Old Title Republic. Escrow Number: 0219022759
- Please submit offers on SFAR Contract only
- This is an as is sale
- 5/9 Thurs: Open House 3-5pm
- 5/11 Sat: Open House 1-4pm
- 5/12 Sun: Open House 1-4pm
- 5/14 Tues: Broker Tour 9-11am (Catered)
- 5/14 Tues: Open House 5:30-7pm
- 5/15 Wed: Open House 5:30-7pm
- 5/16 Thurs: Open House 5:30-7pm
- 5/17 Fri: Offers welcome at 11am
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Heidi Rossi